footer columns percentages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flekvtah

flekvtah

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi, I am looking to change the width of one of my footer columns. I have four items and one of them is pretty narrow so I would like to give it less than its 25%.

Here is a link that shows what I mean (it is about washi)

Any help would be great. Thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi there, can you report the link, its not showing in the post. The link attached to your profile is a non-pagelines site, so I'm assuming the other one didn't paste properly.

#3 flekvtah

flekvtah

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sorry about that, here is a page with the footers.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

You can use Custom CSS to adjust the width of a column, but since all of the columns have the same <DIV> class, you'll need to assign a unique one to whichever column you want to adjust in the section.php file for footer columns. You can make this adjustment in the Base theme (to avoid losing the change during an update):

#5 flekvtah

flekvtah

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi, I have my base theme installed and I found the file you are referencing. I think. themes > pagelines > sections > sb_footcols > section.php
My FTP client is acting a little buggy. Doesn't see to want to copy files. But anyway, once I figure that out could you give me an example of what the code would look like?

Thanks

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Actually, I'm sorry to disappoint, but the footer columns are actually set by code not CSS. The number of columns you set in Site Options determines the percentage of width and CSS unfortunately cannot override it. The div that Catrina referred to applies equally across all the columns, not specific ones, and since it's a full-width section, if you were to adjust, the changes would not show.

That said, you can accomplish this goal by replacing the Footer Columns with

. This uses "content blocks" in place of boxes, each having its own unique CSS identifier. That would allow you to adjust the width of each specifically, but I'd recommend keeping in mind that you're adding the boxes to a full width area so if you narrow one, you'll need to compensate by widening the others so that the group fits the space, else it will look 'skimpy'.

You can use Boxer by adding a full-width or universal sidebar to the footer section in Drag & Drop. Then, in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets, add a text widget to that sidebar and in that, just place the shortcode for the boxer set.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: footer columns, percentages