Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Full Widthbackground Colour For Sections - Same As Included Carousel

Question

Posted · Report post

I am wondering if there is some code i can use for full width areas for headers, or content areas, the same effect as when you add the carousel to the page. Is this possible?

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I am not sure what you're trying to achieve, can you provide a link to the site in question and also an image showing the final design please.

Posted · Report post

i have managed to add full background to the content sections within pagelines, however i just want it to be applied to the first content section which i am using for the slider

i cant find the id for the individual content box, as there are two on the homepage;

ww.cheap-webdesigns.co.uk

The code i am using is: #contentbox { padding:-35px; width:100%; background-color:#202020; box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #000000;}

Posted · Report post

Well first of all, you're using a negative value in padding, padding doesn't support negative values, so there is no need for that to be added to your code.

You can use the following to style the ContentBox that is in your header.

#header section-contentbox { }[/CODE]

Also, you shouldn't use ID's for targeting sections, all sections have a class, you should use that instead.

Posted · Report post

thats brilliant, thanks again, learning so much every day.

Once last question, is there a CSS rule i can apply to make the content of this section full width i.e just the content box, so that the slider within can be full width without affecting the sites content width?

thanks

Posted · Report post

Add the following, you may need to make changes to your slider settings to make it full width.

#header .section-contentbox .content {
width: 100%;
max-width: 100%;
}[/CODE]

Posted · Report post

thats brilliant, case closed.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

You can adjust the header and content widths with Custom CSS. For further instructions on how to use Custom CSS for this customization, please see: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

ok thanks, i have managed to add full background to the content sections, however i just want it to be applied to the first content section, yet i can find the id i have been testing some out, but nothing works. www.cheap-webdesigns.co.uk the code i am using is: #contentbox { padding:-35px; width:100%; background-color:#202020; box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #000000;}

Also while we are here, is there any way i can get the content in this section only to go full width aswell? i have tried some coding such as content width but it doesnt work.

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

You're only using content box at the top of the page, so the selector #contentbox should work. You should try adding #page before #contentbox.

Posted · Report post

ok thanks, two things, i have two content boxes on this page, so i need an id for the top one, but i cant locate it?

Secondly is there a code for making the content within this section full width..