Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Map Marker Not Showing Up (I.e. Map Marker Is Off-Screen)

Question

Posted · Report post

Here's a screencast video showing the issue: http://screencast.com/t/Ezppe19kTI7u

shortcode is

[googlemap width="100%" height="300" address="2215 E 66th Place, Tulsa, OK 74136"][/CODE]

Why is the map marker not centered in the viewable area?

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The map shortcode will NOT work in a tab, google draws the map markers on the screen position where the map is, it has no idea what a tab is or does, and does not know to move the markers.

There are some 'hacks' to get the new v3 maps to work in a bootstrap tab but it isnt pretty.

Posted · Report post

+1 

I have the same problem when using the map shortcode in tabs (using tabs of the event section). It works fine outside the tabs. However, I would like to have a tab for the location of the event  :-)

Further. It seems the google maps javascript files are loaded on every page. Would be nice if they are only included on the page where the map shortcode is placed. 

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Hi jbrouwer 

Could you crete your own topic for this and we can look into any issue you have with Map Shortcodes. 

Posted · Report post

?

Posted · Report post

That's too bad. I will use it outside the tabs than.

Sorry, the googlemaps js files were from a plugin (buddystream)

Thanks

Posted · Report post

ok, tested and the issue only happens when I put it inside the pl_tabs -- video of in and out of tabs on same page: http://screencast.com/t/G6C4S5syP1

Posted · Report post

can you replicate? any fix for that?

Posted · Report post

After testing thoroughly, it seems to "start" the map at tab 1; therefore, since I put the map tab as tab 4, it's far to the right of the map pin. If I put the map as tab 1, map displays as desired. Any ideas for including map within tabs and not as tab 1? Thank you, @simon or anyone else.