Photo
- - - - -

Update Deleted All Widgets From Sidebar.

widgets update deleted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 blotchy39

blotchy39

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I just updated to the latest version of Pagelines and all of the widgets from my sidebar have disappeared. Pretty much all of them were Text boxes containing my own HTML rather than the standard widgets that can be replaced by dragging and dropping them back.

How do I either:

a. find and restore my widgets;

or

b. get back to where I was at before the update.

Any help appreciated.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

This is a common occurrence when the product is first updated from a much earlier version to 2.2.x.

The widgets are actually all in Sidebars, but their order is simply changed. If you go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and go through each sidebar. When you find them, just move them up or down to the correct sidebar. Don't move them to the left or you will lose settings (if any). Moving them up or down to their proper place will not alter or modify any existing widget settings. Once placed, they will remain, even in future updates.

#3 blotchy39

blotchy39

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Rob but I've looked through all of the sidebars and there's nothing there. They weren't moved to the left at any state either.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Unfortunately, there's no way to automatically restore the plugins unless your host has made a backup of your site prior to the change. You'll need to call the host urgently and ask them if they have such a backup and if they could restore it.

#5 blotchy39

blotchy39

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks Rob - I've just started to redesign my sidebar, which is probably for the best in any case as it needed a facelift. Just to be clear, was the fact I didn't update sooner the cause of the problem?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

What version did you update from, as when you perform the update, like Rob mentioned above, all the widgets should still be there but in a different sidebar. All the update tests I ran, not once were any widgets deleted.

#7 blotchy39

blotchy39

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

I can't remember which version it was (happy to let you know if there's a convenient way to find out?) but I've certainly missed a few updates, which probably explains it.

I don't know how recently you changed the blockquote from a grey box to a grey bar going down the side with larger text, but the last version I was on had the grey box if that helps.

Btw - is it possible to have the grey boxes back as blockquotes? There are parts of my site that look ridiculous with the updated version.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

You can add this to your custom CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Change the color to whatever you like.