4 replies to this topic

#1 justinn

justinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a global/sitewide secondary navigation menu. I used to have one when running on an earlier version (platform pro) but I've switched to the latest Pagelines framework and can't see how to do it. Here's the site. I've used Crackbar for the main menu.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What I want is a nice simple secondary nav under it with just a few select pages on it that visitors can use as a handy reference.

I've dragged in the SecondaryNav element into my header in Drag & Drop. I've created a custom menu that I want to use throughout the site called "reference", but...

Where do I tell pagelines which menu to use for the secondary nav??? It's driving me nuts. I can see how to specify it on specific pages. And I can see that I can have pagelines use child pages, but I don't want that... I want to use a specific menu sitewide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks... from a baffled Pagelines fan!

Justin

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi Justin,

The Secondary Nav, isn't a global navigation menu but a menu that displays either a unique menu via the Wordpress Menu or using child pages on a per post/page basis.

If you prefer to have a global nav, I would recommend you use either the NavBar or NavClassic.

#3 johnmindala

johnmindala

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

If the secondary menu on Framework cannot be set globally, what does Page Option Setup > Various Pages > Page Setup > Select Secondary Nav Menu setting actually do? Nothing?

Seems like this should set the secondary menu for any posts that don't have it specifically designated in the post Meta - but I couldn't get this to work for posts.

e.g. If I have a menu selected on the Page Option Setup page and leave the secondary nav menu in the meta on a given post as '-SELECT-' - no secondary menu appears.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

The PageLines > Page Options > Blog, setting the Secondary Nav here will only configure your secondary nav for your Blog Page Template. Like I mentioned above, the Secondary Navigation section is not a global nav and wasn't designed to be one.

If you wish to set a global nav use either Fixed Navigation, NavBar or Nav Classic.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, secondary navigation, secondary nav, menu