nizami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm building a site (www.asecolab.org) for a very high profile client in the info security industry...nope this is not a question about SSL or backdoors into Pagelines...but about the Feature Slider. We've been through a zillion iterations on this section of the homepage already (including IMO a v nice implementation of Bearded Avenger's Decker widget).

The client likes the feature slider widget on http://cps-vo.org/group/SoS and would really like to have the same behaviour on ours.
i.e. onmouseover on the Feature thumbnails pauses the animation and brings up the relevant slide. Move the mouse away and animation rolls again.
  • I'm not a PHP (or CSS, or JS) coder...is there a tried and tested way to do adapt the existing code?
  • Alternatively, is there A another widget out there with this behaviour and B how to bring it into Pagelines?

The project is seriously high profile in the world of cryptography etc...I'm stuck and need help, and will certainly credit any serious help with this on the site.

Summary

www.asecolab.org Feature slide) ... wants to have same behaviour as the one on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm using 2.3.5 Pagelines...

Lemme know if you can help out,

N

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I don't believe we have one of our own sliders that reacts on hover (mouseover) to effectively stop the automated sliding. Brilliant idea though, which I'll bring up with one of our developers shortly.

There is, however, a plugin called

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which includes this option.

The cSlider is added via a series of shortcodes. If you're including it in a page, you may do so directly via the Editing panel in HTML mode. If it's to be in a sidebar, for example, just use a text widget in the desired location.

Fortunately, this method requires no PHP coding.

#3 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Rob, I'll try cSlider out! N

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12989 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, feature, slider, customisation, custom, tweak