wicker plugin slider

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jba9

jba9

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hi, been working with the wicker slider plugin - really like it as its built into the heart of pagelines, few things i would to do with it on my website are, have the image link to a page of the website, time the slider (i.e. make it move to the next one after 5 secs and so on), and maybe have some more control of the image scaling .

Any one got any ideas how to get some of this working?

Cant share the install just now as its installed on a local wordpress install.

thanks, Jeremy

#2 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

This response is a ditto for the Decker slider...TBH I was a bit disappointed. It's beautifully visually designed, but it's not fully responsive when it comes to size...i.e. the text n tabs part is fixed width, meaning your images have to scale up to fit next to it, otherwise you get a gap...and, as per my other post about the standard Feature Slider widget, there needs to be some way for the user to control the animation...suggest, pause on MouseOver...? Or ideally, a range of options here, so the behaviour can be set...current version of many widgets is a little too fixed IMO...

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Both sections are supported directly by the developer. Nick's a good fellow and will be very helpful in responding to your topics. I'd urge both of you to write him directly via the Contact option in the product page.

Wicker
Decker

#4 jba9

jba9

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Can you confirm the email address of nick@pagelines.com

I sent an email to him however gmail got this error message.

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Nick's email address may have changed. In that case, post a comment on the plugin page. Apologies for the confusion.

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

This response is a ditto for the Decker slider...TBH I was a bit disappointed. It's beautifully visually designed, but it's not fully responsive when it comes to size...i.e. the text n tabs part is fixed width, meaning your images have to scale up to fit next to it, otherwise you get a gap...and, as per my other post about the standard Feature Slider widget, there needs to be some way for the user to control the animation...suggest, pause on MouseOver...? Or ideally, a range of options here, so the behaviour can be set...current version of many widgets is a little too fixed IMO...

Yes, it is fully responsive. Do you have a link to show an example where it's not responsive? The "text n tabs" aren't fixed width so I don't understand what you're talking about here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wicker, plugin, slider