• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

I have looked through a couple of other threads which had the same issue but I can't seem to sort this out.

Very sorry but I really don't have much of a clue when it comes to any of this stuff.

I enabled WP_DEBUG as mentioned by other posts and get this:

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2724

Notice: Constant PLUGINDIR already defined in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-content/plugins/quick-notice/quick-notice.php on line 20

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2758

Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see

for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2758

Notice: Undefined variable: plugin in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-fb-fan-box/wp-fb-fan-box.php on line 71

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638

Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638

Notice: unregister_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_unregister_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638

Notice: Undefined index: number in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-content/plugins/page-link-manager/page-link-manager.php on line 18

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638

Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638

Notice: Use of undefined constant zframe - assumed 'zframe' in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 324

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722

I know it's a lot but I don't have a clue what to do :(

Thanks in advance for any help,
Justin

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi,

First thing to do, is disable WP_debug.

Once you have done that, can you reply here with the error you're receiving please.

#3 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

First thing to do, is disable WP_debug.

Once you have done that, can you reply here with the error you're receiving please.

Ok thanks, I have disabled WP_DEBUG.

All that's happening is my whole dashboard is white and unusable, it does say:

"LESS Compile error!" in the top right, and when I hover over that it says:
"Error in custom Less code: parse error: failed at" ...and that's it.

Thanks

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Did you add any custom CSS code or plugins before this error started?

#5 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Did you add any custom CSS code or plugins before this error started?

No. I hadn't logged in for quite a while, I logged in yesterday and updated to the latest version of pagelines. And today when I went to do some stuff to the site I couldn't because it's all white apart from the menus.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Let's try some basic steps then.

Reactivate the debug so you can get into the Dashboard.

Deactivate all the non-PageLines plugins. If you have a cache plugin activated, clear the cache then deactivate it.

If you have custom CSS, copy it all. Go to this link. Click the "By direct input" tab and paste the CSS. Run the validation. Fix any errors found, then copy from the lower part of the results page and paste back to replace the original. Save.

Check to see if you find errors. If they've gone, it was one of those two things.

Now, in Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, reactivate the ones you deactivated one at a time, checking after each one. I'm pretty sure you'll find one that may have caused this. When you do, find a replacement for it, remove it then implement the replacement.

#7 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However I can't deactivate the plugins or do anything really because the whole dashboard is blank/white.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Can you please upload a fresh version of the functions.php file to overwrite the one you have now? (This is where debug was enabled - perhaps that caused the Dashboard to go blank)

#9 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Can you please upload a fresh version of the functions.php file to overwrite the one you have now? (This is where debug was enabled - perhaps that caused the Dashboard to go blank)

Hi,

Thanks, I uploaded a fresh functions.php file and still nothing :(

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

PM me your admin login, i'll look at it for you.

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Right, took a look in wp-admin, and it looks like you had put javascript in the CSS box. Common mistake lol.

Anyway the fix is simple, add this to customize plugins functions.php:

Then load the frontend a couple of times, the backend will now load as customcss has been set to NULL.
Here is a copy of your css so you can copy it back after:

• justfitness likes this

#12 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sorry, but where do I add this? I'm rubbish at this stuff.

#13 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php, at the bottom of the file.
  • justfitness likes this

#14 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ok I've done that, now I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/61/7859861/html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php on line 45

Guess I did it wrong :(

#15 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

paste the functions file to

• justfitness likes this

#16 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

paste the functions file to

Done that :)

#17 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Ahh, its an old version of PHP, my bad:

• justfitness likes this

#18 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

You're a legend! All sorted cheers :D

#19 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Dont forget to remove the line, else it'll keep clearing that option.
  • justfitness likes this

#20 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, LESS, compile, error, whiteout, css