Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Completely Remove Footer, By-Page Control?

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm building a site for a client at http://politeprovisions.com and would like to remove the white footer area at the bottom and have the background continue tiling. I've seen plenty of topics about removing the PageLines leaf logo, but none about removing the footer entirely.

When the final site launches, though, we'll probably want the footer in there. Is there a way to control this by page?

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am not sure what you're trying to do, if you have no content in your Footer, then what is it you wish to hide ?

Posted · Report post

The background doesn't get applied to the footer area. The easiest way to do what you're trying to do is remove the bg from the upload area in the color control tab and apply it with css to the below. Applying it the the #site tag will force the bg to cover the footer area as well.

#site {background: url(your-full-url-goes-here);}

Posted · Report post

Hi there, just checked your link, your page is set to a min-height of 400px. If you use the below css and change the figure to suit, that code is giving me this result, http://screencast.com/t/nhCQurKJD

#site #page, #site #dynamic-content {

min-height: 800px;

}

Or you could use css to apply the bg to the footer section as well so it just continues the repeating pattern.

#footer {

background: url(...);

}

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's a kludge, but it works! Thanks, James.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

There's a white block at the bottom of the page - I'd like the tiling background to continue off the page.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob - I double-checked all those and the only items that weren't set were vertical & horizontal. I set those, and it's still showing the white block at the bottom. See attached screen grab.

Any other ideas?

Screen-Shot-2012-11-13-at-11.05.06-AM.png

Posted · Report post

Hi, if your Layout Mode is Responsive with Pixel Width and the Site Design Mode is Full Width Sections, and you've gone to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control and your background is uploaded there, set it to Tile, with 0 for the Vertical Position and 50 for the Horizontal. Make sure Supersize is unchecked. After you've saved, the background should appear everywhere.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a link to the site in question please, so we can take a closer look.

Posted · Report post

I'm building a site for a client at http://politeprovisions.com and would like to remove the white footer area at the bottom and have the background continue tiling. I've seen plenty of topics about removing the PageLines leaf logo, but none about removing the footer entirely.

When the final site launches, though, we'll probably want the footer in there. Is there a way to control this by page?

Posted · Report post

To hide or disable footer by page, you can do so in PageLines Meta Settings by hiding the sections in your footer.

Posted · Report post

See attached screen grab for the page's Meta settings... I must be missing something somewhere.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-14-at-9.07.42-AM.png

Posted · Report post

I'm referring to PageLines Meta Settings in the page editor (where you edit the page content). The screenshot above shows the Global Settings for pages.

Posted · Report post

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's where this is set. See attached. I've also tried setting the specifics of the page background tiling globally and per page, no difference.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-14-at-9.54.52-AM.png

Posted · Report post

If you have a static page or post, you can go to PageLines Meta Settings there and check "Hide Footer". A div may remain. If that's the case, we can control it with the Site Options setting to Hide Sidebars when Empty.

Posted · Report post

I believe I already have both of those set, and still no go. Is there a custom CSS I can paste in?

Screen-Shot-2012-11-10-at-3.09.09-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-11-10-at-3.10.18-PM.png

Posted · Report post

Tried that, still not working: http://politeprovisions.com

I'm surprised there isn't an easy way to completely remove the footer and let the page background tile infinitely.

Any other ideas?