Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Are We Supposed To Be Running? Platform Pro Or Platform Base

Question

Posted · Report post

Please feel free to make fun of us, be I can't find or remember what the active theme is supposed to be. They're both supposed to be installed, but only one is supposed to be active, which is it?

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

hop2us Please dont bump older threads with your own questions.

I'll answer it while im here anyway. 

A few options will be carried over.

The 2 products are very very different and a lot of options were changed.

My suggestion, if its an old site leave it be and just upgrade platformpro to the latest version. Use the new Framework for new projects.

Thats just my opinion though.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

PageLines Framework is a completely separate product, upon the release of PageLines Framework, we emailed our user list regarding the upcoming release.

If you wish to discuss your account, contact our helpdesk please.

hello at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Hi jeffsbesthemp

Go to Wordpress Dashboard > Appearance > Theme > Manage Theme

and you see the active theme.

Posted · Report post

Hi Batman,

Thank you, we've got that part of it covered, but for the way platform is setup, is it supposed to be active off of pro or base? one is supposed to be the framework, the other is the one you can customize, tinkerwith, etc. we seriously can't remember.

Posted · Report post

I have an old site using PlatformBase and I have the Platform Pro framework now, but my question is that if I update the site, will all the settings and styles, etc. transfer over seamlessly? Are there any steps needed to make sure it's a clean transfer?

Posted · Report post

I meant Pagelines Framework, not Platform Pro framework... sorry 

Posted · Report post

PlatformPro is an engine and PlatformBase is the visible part of your site, so you should have PlatformBase activated. However, you really should be upgrading to PageLines Framework. PlatformPro (and Base) are now legacy products and support will be diminishing in future as most of our clients have upgraded.

Posted · Report post

Hi, ok cool that's what I was looking for.

Is it an automatic upgrade or does it cost as it would for a whole new theme? We're still barely getting platform to work the way we want.

Posted · Report post

I appreciate your suggestions. And I apologize for the bump. I thought it was related and so didn't think it was bad to post here.

Posted · Report post

It's a whole new purchase. We offered a free upgrade for people for a limited period, about a year ago. I'd recommend purchasing the Pro level with Plus, which provides monthly add-on products (we call extensions) at no additional cost.

Posted · Report post

ok. sorry we can't swing it. if there's a way to squeeze us in for the upgrade we'll totally adopt it for all our sites. We're affiliates too.