Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Change <H6> To <H2> Element Depending Of The Current Page

changing elements

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 ar2ro

ar2ro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hi, first of all sorry for my english if i write something wrong, im not native speaker.

i´m creating a custon child theme for my site and everythig is just fine, im just having a hard time trying to make my site title an <h1> element on the front page and <h3> element if its not in the front page. Trying to do the same with the site description. I have several days trying to do this but no success. Any help/advice??

Note: I know almost nothing of PHP

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hi there, you'd be able to change the font size depending on the page using css. You'd need to find out the font sizes for the various h tags you want to edit. An example of the css is below, but you'd need to switch the content below to reflect the id's/selectors on your site to make it work. You can find these out using firebug www.getfirebug.com

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

To make it page specific. Add the page id before the css.

To find out more on css please check out

#3 ar2ro

ar2ro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thanks James, but the tweak i need to make is not for the font size, i need to change the elements from H6 to H2, this is not for style is for SEO.

I don´t know why the tag line is encoded with <h6> when it´s my site´s description, i think it should be at least <h2> I need my title in the front page to be <h1> and the tagline <h2> but only on the front page, on the other pages i need them to be both <h3>

Excuse my bad writing again. Thanks a lot

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Your English is fine.

Unfortunately, you would have to edit the core files to change this. We're not allowed to support that, however, you can hire one or our Pros to edit the proper files and give you the SEO effect you want. Please see

#5 ar2ro

ar2ro

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Thanks men

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17595 posts