Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Error On Posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jplteens

jplteens

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm getting the following error on my posts

Warning: sprintf() [

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

]: Too few arguments in /home/jolietlibrary/sites/teens.jolietlibrary.org/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/class.posts.php on line 317

This is what my line 317 looks like

$title = sprintf( '<section class="bd post-title-section fix"><hgroup class="post-title fix">%s</hgroup>%s</section>', $this->pagelines_get_post_title( $format ), $this->pagelines_get_post_metabar( $format ) );

I know the error started because I accidentally edited the parent file, and it was too late by the time I realized it. Since then I've tried uploading a fresh install (w/the whole theme and just that file). The changes I made are no longer being reflected in the file--but I'm guessing that's where the error sprung from.

Any suggestions?

I do have weird permission settings w/my web server/host (it's a business account) where often times I can't overwrite something because I don't have "permission". I have a hunch that may be part of the problem but I wanted to double-check to make sure there weren't any other ideas that I could try.

Just for reference, here's a page w/the error on it:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Can only suggest reuploading, or editing style.css and making the version LESS than the current version and let wordpress update it, up to you, but lesson learned, never edit the core files ;)

#3 jplteens

jplteens

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I did try knocking it down to a lower version to force an update that way, but it didn't work either (hence why I think it may be a permissions error)

For the CSS are you thinking making it a display none? Or something else?

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

You cant hide a php error with css, you can turn off php error logging though. If WP_DEBUG is already off in wp-config.php then you have to ask your host how to turn off php debug, which should be off anyway on a production server.

#5 jplteens

jplteens

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

okay thanks. I'll work on this some more w/them. You can mark it as resolved.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.