Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Ibogpro5 Bug Nav Bar

Question

Posted · Report post

I activated iblogpro4 to copy my header scripts to iblogpro5. when i returned the navbar was black (not improved grey), none of the pull down menus work and my quick slider disappeared. Please help.

Also just noticed masthead disappeared also. www.capek9cardio.com

24 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

What is the actually script you're adding.

There is no such bug in iBlogPro 5, where the drop down menus do not work, if adding custom code or scripts causes the issues, then remove your custom code or script.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for posting the solution :-)

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Rob recommended I remove this script from the custom code panel in pagelines and I did.

<script type="text/javascript">

if( navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) ||

navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i) ||

navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)

) {

document.title = "CapeK9Cardio";

}

</script>

I know you keep saying there are no bugs. Here is the problem.

Posted · Report post

HI,

When you say to copy your header scripts to iBlogPro 5. How are you copying them, you haven't made any changes to the core files have you ?

Posted · Report post

I don't see any problems on that page you linked.

Posted · Report post

The navbar is black and the pulldowns do not work.

Posted · Report post

no i put them in the header scripts area and footer scripts area. Is anyone available to chat with this is pretty bad. Slider metadata is still there, but the slider displays as a 10px bar. I had to recreate all masthead data. The themed iblogpro5 standard navbar is nonexistent also. I did't add any new plugins, but i'm going to turn off all plugins and remove all custom css to see if that makes a difference. I also uninstalled iblogpro4.

Posted · Report post

In Dashboard > PageLines > NavBar, what color option do you have set for Standard NavBar?

In Appearance > Menus, on the top/left, which menu is selected for the Primary Website Navigation under Theme Locations? Does that menu have child menu items in it?

Please provide screenshots. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Template 1 is the culprit. Works on other template pages.

Posted · Report post

Black Transparent (default)

"No Icon Top" is my primary navigation. Yes there are child menu items. They work everywhere except for where template 1, or blog template is being used.

Posted · Report post

Blog template is not one that may be selected in the creation of posts or pages.

What are the elements of your Template 1 in Page Template and Content Area? Can you screenshot them both for us?

I suspect key elements are missing.

Posted · Report post

Screen-Shot-2012-11-11-at-7.55.59-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-11-11-at-7.56.16-PM.png

Posted · Report post

Even with plugins deactivated and custom CSS removed?

Posted · Report post

Why do you have the Blog templates before Templates | 1 ?

Please remove all active plugins and any custom scripts/code you may have added.

The usual order of templates:

http://d.pr/i/CYq4

Posted · Report post

Yes. It seems I must have some corrupt data files. I recall in the past having old templates from pagelines pro and iblogpro4 show up in framework (i.e.. full-width-template).

Posted · Report post

Where were these old template files showing up? In the folder for Framework?

Posted · Report post

No in Wordpress admin panel under current template. Somehow those files got cross linked I guess.

Posted · Report post

It seems to be working now. Or am I missing something?

Posted · Report post

I made the screenshot with no plugins active. no customizations. So to address your question "Why do you have the Blog templates before Templates | 1 ?" nice observation. I'd love to ask the same. Why is this in the wrong order? Could you have eluded to a cause of one of my problems?

Posted · Report post

I found that on pages that use the blog template, the nag bar errors only appear with WP Minify active. I have posted the issue in the plugin issues section of the forum here.

Posted · Report post

The problem is not only in template1, but also on the blog template - so I need this to be fixed. Those templates are corrupt. Could you forward this to the dev team? The navbar should be grey with pulldowns as seen on the home page. Also, php from iBlogPro4 is still showing up. Template page-fullwidth is showing for this page. I'm stating a new thread for the template problem.

Posted · Report post

Hi, there's no bug in the template file or believe me, we'd have heard about it or my own site(s) would be experiencing it. Heck, if it can go wrong, it usually does on my sites and I assure you, I do bug the devil out of the developers.

I'm still concerned about your copying of header scripts. If you copied a link to an older version of jQuery or javascript, for example, this could explain all the other issues you're having as well.

If the template files are corrupted, there's one simple way to ensure that they're fixed.

1. Download and unzip PageLines Framework from www.pagelines.com/launchpad, using your account. Unzip the folder to your desktop.

2. FTP into wp-content/themes and delete the entire pagelines folder. All your customizations will be located elsewhere if done correctly, so it won't hurt the site.

3. Upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to wp-content/themes (DO NOT TRY TO OVERWRITE). The clean installation will result in clearance of any possible issues with the templates.

If the problem persists after that, then the templates are clearly not at fault. At that point, it's either the copied code or a conflict within your CSS.

Posted · Report post

I'm on it. Thank you.

The header scripts I'm referring to were only input into pagelines>site options>custom code>header scripts. I've tested this with and without the code.