Photo
- - - - -

Iblogpro5 Strange Navbar Flashing Text With Quick Slider

iBlogPro5 nav bar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Please see my iBlogPro5 strange navbar flashing text with quick slider

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. The text flashes white/gray during the animation of the quick slider. This is only occurring in Safari.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hi I've viewed your site in safari, i can't see the text flashing. Do you have anything installed in Safari which could effect this, like dev tools or any plugins?

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I've checked your site in Firefox and in Safari and have seen no problems.

When browser specific problems like this occur, most often it's the result of plugin conflicts or custom code issues.

I'd suggest:
1. Validate all your custom CSS to make sure it's compliant with contemporary standards.
2. Have some friends look over your site in Safari, Chrome and Firefox, as well as IE9 to see if they notice problems.
3. Deactivate any older plugins or non-PageLines products.

#4 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

It's happening in mobile safari also.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Did suggestions 1-3 from Rob help at all (at least for the computer browser)?

#6 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

No success. Looks fine in other browsers. Disabling all plugins had no effect.

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've checked in safari and I can't see this happening. Which version of safari are you using? Are you able to record a short video using jing or a smilar screen recorder so we can see whats happening.

#8 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

This happens in chrome too. I've had friends view same problem. During the slider animation, all title text in the nav bar (and for me wordpress admin panel) go darker and fuzzy.

#9 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Have you any custom CSS that's related to the quickslider or menu? If so, please look at it. There must be an element in it that's a cross-over, yielding a slight color variation. That's the only thing left that I can think of, except to recommend validating your custom code to make sure there's nothing broken. Do you need a link to a CSS validator?

#11 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

i removed all css and still have the issue. I also disabled all plugins. There is a problem with the theme.

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Do you have a cache plugin? Activated or not? If so, when you affect changes, if you don't clear the cache, you will never see the changes, which could explain why in all your topics, when you say you've made changes or deactivated things, you're not seeing any effect of those changes.

I can assure you there's no flaw, bug or problem with the theme.

#13 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well, I followed the steps above.

Good news: this fixed another issue I had (black navbar). Thank you.

Bad news: with all plugins (including wp-cache) disabled and all custom code removed the issue remains. ideas?

Also old templates are still appearing (Template: page-fullwidth)

The header script I copied was the following to shorten the title on mobile devices:

ps. I love this theme and you helped me a lot with the upgrade from 4 to 5. I appreciate it and look forward to fixing this.

#14 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm back - read above. thx

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

With cache plugins, deactivating isn't the key, as much as clearing the cache. That makes sure that changes you make are visible. The sequence should be... make your changes, then clear the cache, then view the site. This will usually allow you to see the changes you've made because they'll be in place when the cache is cleared.

Good news: you fixed another issue I had which you closed. Thank you.

Sometimes I surprise myself.

Can you paste here what you added to the header scripts so we can see what you've done?

My guess is that you've loaded an older version of javascript or jQuery causing this issue.

#16 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

i pasted it above thx

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Well, for one thing, the javascript you've cited doesn't actually have a call to the actual operating script. My suspicion remains that this code is causing the issue. For one thing, it's setting up an agent match, essentially identifying the browser. We have a product called Browser Specific CSS and Framework automatically detects the browser. The Browser Specific CSS plugin would implement custom CSS based on the browser that Framework detects. The javascript you've added is thus redundant.

#18 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

what it does is display a shortened title, so when you add the site to your homepage on idevices it fits. I removed the code, refreshed cache. No effect. I've also moved the q slider around to see if that would do anything.

#19 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

darn - template 1 still messed up. see it on my

#20 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

As a temp fix i changed the slider to a fade transition. Please let me know of any fix ideas.