Adding Padding To Pages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cnvi

cnvi

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Sorry if this is something already mentioned here.. I searched and could not find the answer.

In this screenshot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

you will see I inserted a pink line showing where we need to have padding between the text and the box. Padding appears to be showing vertically but not horizontally. Do I have to edit this directly in the CSS or is there a control for this in Pagelines somewhere? if I do have to edit it in the CSS how do I determine which CSS style name to edit? thanks in advance.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

You can edit the CSS by overwriting in Custom Code > Custom CSS. You just need to add the CSS there and it'll overwrite the default CSS.

To determine the CSS to edit, please see this documentation:

Also, please refer to this on padding:

#3 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1755 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi cnvi

You can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules
or in

Pagelines Customize (plugin)

a CSS rules to modify de paddig

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.
Check out

Please see the video.
If you need more CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox
and check out W3 Schools for more info.

#4 cnvi

cnvi

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thank you so much for the fast replies which is very much appreciated. I installed firebug and yeah thats cool for showing me what element of text I selected and what CSS its related to but I am wanting to define padding in a division or a cell or whatever it is that pagelines is creating to form that box around the text. I wish this padding element was in the pagelines draganddrop area where cell elements are defined that seems like where the setting should be.

Pagelines is very clever and once I get past the learning curve I am sure I wont be as whiny but its times like this that I really miss Microsoft's FrontPage!

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be open to them. I am surprised something as simple as this is so difficult to figure out.

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi Cnvi, yeah I'm afraid Css is the standard option for editing the padding/margins on various sections and content. Add options like that is something that could come in future editions, but unfortunately there's nothing built in which could handle that at this point in time.

So if your editing padding in a section/container etc, an example of what to place inside the css rules box would be something like

#foo {padding:5px;}

#6 cnvi

cnvi

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thanks James. I know what to place to get the padding such as the example you showed me above. But I dont know where to place it. I have yet to figure out where in pagelines the CSS element is defined for the cells established in pagelines >> drag and drop. And firebug has not been any help.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Place the code in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS