navbar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stedic

stedic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

While the website I'm working on is currently masked by an underconstruction plugin. The problem I'm running into is fairly simple.
The Navbar is broken down like this.

Home (Main Static Page)
1st Level - Portfolio
2nd Level - Highrise
3rd Level - Title of Project

However, A. 1st Level cannot be selected and B. 3rd level does not appear at all in the dropdown nav. Can someone explain why this happens and if there is a work around? Thanks

-S

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Okay, to clear up the conventions of language, 1st level is called Parent, 2nd is Child and 3rd is Grandchild.

NavBar is the wrong product to use for that kind of menu. I'd recommend Nav Classic.

In NavBar, the Parent item for anything that has a drop down only links to open the menu. If there's no child items, it will go directly to the link intended. The solution is to repeat the parent link in the child list, usually as the first or top item in the drop list. Grandchild items, I don't believe, work in the menu.

The penultimate solution would be to replace NavBar with Nav Classic in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header. Just swap them. The menu items remain the same.

#3 stedic

stedic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

That worked, but this "Grandchild items, I don't believe, work in the menu." I need grandchild items to work. Hell with navclassic I can't even get Children to work. Any pointers?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

If you go to Pagelines>site options>header and footer when the nav classic is active you'll see the options for activating the drop downs in the classic nav. Tick the check boxes and refresh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navbar