• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reachmore_

reachmore_

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hi guys! I'm using a background image on my home page to serve as a full width header. I have a logo that serves as the branding. I have also created another background image to serve as the full width header for all my "non-homepage" pages. How can I designate a specific template to these "non-homepage" pages without having to enter/upload the image to be used for the full width header over and over again?

What other alternatives are there for creating "full width headers" besides 1920px images used as background images?

Thanks

PS Can I create a logo/header that is 1920px wide and position it with css to serve as branding and upload it via the pagelines website set up > upload custom logo?

Home page screenshot:
screenshots.com-on-the.net/11-7-2012 9-53-18 AM.png

All other pages screenshot
screenshots.com-on-the.net/11-7-2012 9-54-22 AM.png

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

If you need a different header background for each page, you may need to use Custom CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You'll also need to use the page IDs for each of those pages in the CSS selectors.

Can I create a logo/header that is 1920px wide and position it with css to serve as branding and upload it via the pagelines website set up > upload custom logo?

Yes, this is what is done traditionally when setting up a logo. I don't think you'd need CSS to position it unless you needed to.

#3 reachmore_

reachmore_

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Thanks again cat, but your link leads to:There is currently no text in this page. You can

in other pages, or

I wanted to create a template to be used for non home pages with one header/logo for all.

An example would be like Template 6 where I can assign the page I create to the template via the wordpress admin.

The template would have already been configured to hold the header/logo.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Unfortunately you're unable to clone the header template and assign different versions of it to different templates.

However, we do have a drag and drop plugin called 'featured branding' which could help you. This would allow you to set different logos within the header area on different pages. See here

Or you could use a full width sidebar, and enter the logo into a widget using html. Hide the sidebar on everypage using the meta settings, and then turn it on for the pages you want it displayed. When you display the widget, use the meta options to hide the standard branding/logo.