Photo
- - - - -

Image Size

Image Size Features

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 washhousedesign

washhousedesign

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

I'm trying to get 'Features' to pull in the 'large' image rather than the original file size that is uploaded , this will avoid the client having to create the correct file size before upload.

So for instance:
A client uploads an image that is 1600px wide, currently 'Features' pulls that image and just scales it down rather than re-sizing it. If I set the large image size in the Wordpress media settings to 960px wordpress will create that image size on upload.

Can Pagelines 'Features' be told to use that image rather than the original? If you were building the template outside of Pagelines you would just call the relevant post_thumbnail size.

Cheers
H

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

If you need to upload an image in a specific size for the feature slider, it needs be resized in a graphic editing program first and then uploaded so that it's already the size you want. The features settings are a PL feature that operates separately from the WP media settings. There may be a way to integrate the two using code, but I'm not certain what that would be. A developer may have better insight about this.

#3 washhousedesign

washhousedesign

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi

So in essence Pagelines requires the client to create the correct size for the images before uploading. Does this mean that all images are just scaled down versions of the original - surely this is a bit of a floor in the templating system as it means you have to trust the client to reduce file size prior to upload!

Cheers
H

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yes, you are correct. The images are scaled down when they are uploaded.