Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Need Help With Fixed Navigation Bar + Plugin

custom fixed nav bar insert plugin

Best Answer Danny , 07 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

To do this you will need to use a hook, to insert your language selector code. What you will need to do is install the free plugin available in the PageLines store called ActionMap. Once installed, refresh your homepage and in the top left hand corner of the admin bar, there should be a new link called ActionMap.

Clicking this link, will load all available hooks on that page. You can then use the hook that is available for the Fixed Nav.

For example,

add_action('get_search_form', 'fixednav_language');

function fixednav_language(){

Add your Language code here.

?>

The above code is just an example and may require amending. If you need more information regarding hooks, visite the Wordpress Codex page here - http://codex.wordpre...lugin_API/Hooks

If you're unsure how to proceed with hooks, you could contact one of our Pros - http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 magu

magu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi,
I can really need your help with this. I would like to insert a translation plugin in the fixed navigation bar, to show in there multiple languages.
Is it possible?

Many thanks in advance.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13060 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:34 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

To do this you will need to use a hook, to insert your language selector code. What you will need to do is install the free plugin available in the PageLines store called ActionMap. Once installed, refresh your homepage and in the top left hand corner of the admin bar, there should be a new link called ActionMap.

Clicking this link, will load all available hooks on that page. You can then use the hook that is available for the Fixed Nav.

For example,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The above code is just an example and may require amending. If you need more information regarding hooks, visite the Wordpress Codex page here -

If you're unsure how to proceed with hooks, you could contact one of our Pros -

• magu likes this

#3 magu

magu

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thank you very much! I'll try to follow your instructions tonight.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13060 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I've marked the topic as resolved but if you require further assistance, reply here and we can open the topic again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, custom, fixed nav bar, insert plugin