• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 munts

munts

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I am sure that I am doing something wrong and the fix here will be super easy, but here it goes.

I have already set up a portfolio page displaying a handful of projects. When a user selects a project, I send the user to that particular project page and from there I want the user to be able to click something like a 'Next' button or perhaps a link with the title of the next project and it take them to the that particular page. Of course I want them to be able to navigate the other way as well with 'Previous'...

I have gone to several of the threads here and followed all the advice I could find.

I have gone to the Drag & Drop seciton and clicked the 'Category' button and then highlighted the 'Content Area' and then dragged and dropped the 'Post/Page Pagination' item into it.

I have set up my pages (note, I am doing this with pages, not posts) under the same Parent page and assigned them the same template.

What am I missing? Do I need to also drag 'Post Info' into the active list?

I notived on the framework demo this functionality is here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am sure that I am just missing something simple here, but I have spent too much time troubleshooting this.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2055 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi Scott
Please you can see this link

to see if you need.

#3 munts

munts

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hello Batman,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will investigate to see if I can do something with this, but I was hoping that I could use some core wordpress/pagelines functionality and simply reconfigure some settings. At least I can keep this in my back pocket if it winds up being my only option.

Thanks again,
Scott

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

The pagination, I don't believe, works in WP on a 'category only' basis. Rather, it works, as my understanding is that it works on a posts date basis. So, posts will appear in the date order, even if you add the section to the Category content area type. That doesn't mean it will only pick up posts in the category you're viewing. It just means that when you view any category, the post/page navigation will be on the page.

This might help you:

It refers to a solution that wouldn't work as written in Framework, BUT... if one of our Pros applied it correctly to a unique section for you, that would most likely work. You may want to ask a few of our pros at

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pagination