Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidebar Not Displaying Properly In Explorer

Question

Posted · Report post

For some reason, the columns for my site, Island Vittles are not displaying properly in Explorer.

The main content column is taking up the whole screen, and my righthand sidebar is being pushed to the bottom of the page.

This is not a problem in Firefox or Safari.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Many thanks.

Theresa

30 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

James! Thank you for your help...I have disabled all plugins, but this did not resolve the issue.

I have not added css or custom code to either the side bar or content area.

any thoughts are much appreciated! Thank you!

theresa

Posted · Report post

Well if you paste the contents of that file, i'll give you one that works, easy!

Posted · Report post

Thank you, James.

I pasted the code into the Custom code box below the line with the body {} - I`m afraid that didn`t work either.

theresa

Posted · Report post

Theresa,

I can see the site fine in IE9. Looking at the screenshot you provided, I'm compelled to concur that your site does have a problem, but I'm going to have to presume that it's a setup issue or a conflict.

When sidebars appear below a certain point, it usually means that there's a configuration, layout or setup error somewhere. Since this seems to be browser specific (which I can't see), I don't quite know where to look for it. Often, it might be that the Content section is missing in the Page Templates, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Is WordPress updated to 3.4.2? Is PL at the latest version (2.3.5)?

Posted · Report post

I've just got another member of staff who has IE to test in IE9 and it's displaying ok in there. Do you have compatibility mode on at all? Can you confirm exactly which version of IE you're on for us.