mmunger

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationMontréal
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been using PlatformPro for some time and I have decided, perhaps impulsively, to get the latest version of the Pagelines Framework.

I am discovering that customizations, which I have been handling mostly in theme files and sometimes the "custom code" field for CSS, are much harder to reproduce.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(currently running PlatformPro) there are little things that I like to change or add, such as the Twitter link under the post info on a site.

Now, with Pagelines 2.3, I can't add some <hr> lines at places where I find them appropriate and I am not 100% sure how to slightly increase my font sizes.

What is the smartest way to recuperate these powers? Are there documents that give a detailed view of what can be done and how? I didn't find the default docs helpful for what I want to do.

Or did I spend 150 dollars for a product that won't let me do any of this anymore?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi,

Anything that you have done in PlatformPro, can be achieved in PageLines Framework.

When you say "I am discovering that customizations, which I have been handling mostly in theme files and sometimes the "custom code" field for CSS, are much harder to reproduce."

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you mention ""handling mostly in theme files". Does that mean you have edited the core files ?

The <hr> tag does indeed work in PageLines Framework, I have used this myself only the other day.

If you require assistance with customisation, you can visit our Theming Center or contact on our Pros.

#3 mmunger

mmunger

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hi,

Anything that you have done in PlatformPro, can be achieved in PageLines Framework.

When you say "I am discovering that customizations, which I have been handling mostly in theme files and sometimes the "custom code" field for CSS, are much harder to reproduce."

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to when you mention ""handling mostly in theme files". Does that mean you have edited the core files ?

The <hr> tag does indeed work in PageLines Framework, I have used this myself only the other day.

If you require assistance with customisation, you can visit our Theming Center or contact on our Pros.

For the most part, I used to customize templates and section files in PlatformPro, adding codes for things such as hr, Twitter codes and other additions.

So far, I tried to make changes in sections and includes, but all I got in return was errors. Should I get exclusively into theming to achieve customization now?

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

You should never edit core files, even in PlatformPro, as these files will be overwritten on theme updates. You can safely copy sections and use them in a child theme as described

. For CSS/PHP customizations, read more

#5 mmunger

mmunger

Advanced Member

• Members

• 34 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Thank you. I will look into that and ask further questions if I run into problems.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved