Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hi, I purchased this slider

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and it is not behaving as it should. My layout is on a responsive width set on max.Had the plugin developer have a look and he is asking me "Please check if your theme has some definitions for img. I could not find the theme main .css file" . Not sure what to do. Just started with pagelines dev edition couple days ago.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

• Simplicitate has a slider similar but not responsive.http://pagelines.tme...t/simplicitate/

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hi there, yes we will have css tied to the img tag at various points throughout the site. As we're 100% Less now there's no static css file. The css for each section is split and divided amongst each item and then compiled when the site loads. You can view the files separately one by one or view the compiled css by viewing the source code through your browser when viewing online.

#3 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Thanks James. Just looking for the custom css to allow the slider to fill 100% of the viewport.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

You can figure out the CSS selector by using Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection tools.

#5 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I other words figure it out myself?

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Hi there, from what I can see there's additional padding around a number of areas which the slider is nestled inside. If you remove that using css it will effect the entire site layout. Plus you'd probably then have to apply css to the slider container and each slide to get that to enlarge to fill the new frame. It's going to be tricky to do with css alone, and I doubt would act responsively afterwards.

However, Nick has released a bunch of new sections/plugins today and one of them is a full width responsive slider. I've posted a link below, check it out and see if it could work for your project.

#7 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

If you have a look at the slider plugin in the link at the beginning of this topic I am trying to make work has a ken burns effect. The slider you recommend does.
Would I not be able to add a content box in the active section and apply a class in the Content Box Class
Applies this class to the content box for individual styling in the pagelines meta settings that would allow the slider to span the entire viewport. This would only effect the content box not the entire site. I just need the container to be 100%

#8 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Part of the reason I bought pagelines was to make design easier. If I can't even put in a full width slider, which is pretty standard on most wordpress templates into pagelines something is definitely wrong and I will be asking for my 197 dollars back.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Add the following should remove padding from the content area which is where you slider is located.

Also, PageLines Framework is extremely easy to use. But what you're trying to achieve is adding a third party plugin to your theme.

How did you add the Slider to your theme ?

#10 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Danny, thanks thats exactly what I was asking for.. I added the slider with a shortcode to the page. Would it be better to put in a content box?

#11 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

You can absolutely put any plugin you buy into PageLines.

It's just like buying a new seat for your Ferrari. Say you buy a seat, but the only seat thats available is from a 1974 VW Bug. Of course the seat from the VW BUG will fit, but it's going to require a bit of extra elbow grease to work.

PageLines Sections, especially the ones in the store, have a lot of magical awesome sauce that auto-style them to work with the framework, and have options that tie directly into the framework and the API.

So while you can definitely put anything you want into PageLines, if you want a seamless experience, stick to the extensions on the PageLines Store.

Hope this helps.

#12 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Danny, the plugin developer is saying there are some definitions for img that are causing some issues. If I put this slider into a contnt box can I turn off the img definitions just for that box and leave the globals alone?

#13 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

here is what the developer says"
The theme you are using is forcing all the images to scale. Please contact the theme builder and ask them if they have a solution for this. I didn’t find any other solution. All I tried was ignored by the theme.
You can also change the theme and show them that the product works correctly."

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Mike,

I just looked at that third party plugin. To be very clear and specific, we do not provide support for third party products. In point of fact, we don't even support third party items sold in our own store.

That said, one of our developers just came out with a full width slider, which should soon be available in our store. I'm not saying this to make a sale, but to give you an option that's assured to work with our other products.

I can't find any reason that PL would affect that slider unless there's a conflict of jQuery or javascript. Since we're using nothing outside the scope of WP, it's possible that any conflict comes from that plugin being out of date. I can't see a recent date for it. When was it updated last?

#15 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

You can close this topic

#16 miketaylorphoto

miketaylorphoto

Advanced Member