Photo
Resolved

Google Plus Icon On Header

social icon header google plus google+ platformpro icon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 mothpre

mothpre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hey everyone.

I would like to know if there is a way - not as complicated like coding - for adding GOOGLE PLUS social icon on the header next to facebook, twitter, youtube, linkedin and rss icons. I have the last edition of PlatformPro. I tried it looking for the image of "linkedin" (that I don't use) on the theme archives to change it for a google plus icon but I only found social icon for sharing images.

When I bought it I did it because pagelines team promise to be updating and sharing with the customers that through all the discussion on the forums did the feedback for what now is called "pagelines" a new more expensive framework and PlatformPro users have to pay for it, just because the name changed.

Now PlatformPro doesn't have important updatings like Google Plus icon. That's Sad, not for the customer but for the trust every person put on the creators at the beginning of the project. If you are creating a new framework please be sure the "old" one to be updated at least on basic stuff like new international social networks, I understand you need to produce money but keep the honor and human behavior, that one you started with.

Thank you for your help and I am sorry for complaining.

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I believe it will require some CSS to get this social icon in line with the others. Can you post your site's link so we can troubleshoot for you, please?

#3 mothpre

mothpre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

The website is http://holisticafact.com/

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi there, the only way that I'm aware to do this is via a hook. An example for inserting a Hook into Platform Pro can be found here http://www.pagelines...ase-child-theme this is the same process for both Platform Pro and for the new Pagelines Framework, which comes with five sharing icons as standard.

At this point in time, anything above will need to be added manually. The inclusion of additional icons is something we will put forward as an idea for future editions.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

Platform Pro was released over two years ago and as far as I am aware, there was no such service called Google+ at that time. Platform Pro has received numerous updates during its life span. However, Platform Pro is now considered a legacy theme and will not receive any further updates.

If you wish to have the Google+ social media icon, you can do so like James suggested and use a hook. However, I recommend you upgrade to PageLines Framework, if you wish to do so, contact our helpdesk and they will be able to assist you.

hello at pagelines dot com

Also, PageLines Framework isn't a simple name change from Platform Pro. The two are completely separate products and the only thing they have in common, is that they were both created by PageLines.

#6 mothpre

mothpre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thank you all for answering and clarifications.

I found an easy way to set it. since I don't use LinkedIn y replace that icon on image at wp-content>themes>platformpro>images>sprite-socialicons.png it only needs to have the next icon (youtube) also activated. Check it on http://journal.es.holisticafact.com/ it just need more design to look like the others.

#7 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.