Photo
- - - - -

Single Default Theme Across Multisite Instances?

multisitetheme default multiuser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cgadmin

cgadmin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I have been developing a site utilizing multisite to facilitate user blogs and recently decided to switch to PageLines. I have been extremely pleased with everything I have come across in PageLines so far with exception to the apparent inability to set a forced theme frame for subsequent user blogs. Essentially, we want the same overall look and feel for all user blogs based on the main home site (with certain customizations to color et cetera by individual users). For example, prior to implementing PageLines each site called up the same header and side bars but allowed unique main frame customizations by the individual user/blogger.

Is this possible in PageLines? Perhaps it might be easier to scrap multisite and somehow allow users to customize based on a unique meta tag?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

You should be able to create a single template and make only that one available to your users. I know there are plugins that limit what a user can do in the Dashboard, but I'm unfamiliar with any that actually limit Framework functions. For that, I suppose you'd need one of our Pros for what sounds like a relatively short project.

Perhaps it might be easier to scrap multisite and somehow allow users to customize based on a unique meta tag?

That's more of a business decision than a tech support topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multisitetheme, default, multiuser