The Cheeky Chick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Framework Version:the most current

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi :-)

I'm trying to create pages in my site, but in the "page attributes" on the right side of a new page, I don't have all the options ... I only have default, and up to "template 5"... There is no "blog" or any other template listed that I can access...

So my solution was to create my blog posts on a regular template page, however they still show up as a "blog" template, because even though I have the secondary sidebar hidden on it, it shows up... But when I go into the "drag and drop" are to remove the secondary side bar, it takes that element out of every template page :-(

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance :-)

Jen

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1755 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi Jen
If I understand .....
The blog is a 'special page' and thus not an available template for pages. The blog template is only used by PageLines and WordPress for a blog (list of posts with optional thumbnails, excerpts and links). Since you can only have one blog, you don't need to apply the blog template anywhere. Once a page is designated as the blog (Dashboard > Settings > Reading), the template is automatically applied to the portion of the page where the post list appears. I suspect that the reason we don't filter it out is that one may also apply a different template when creating the static page, even though the special page template predominates all other settings.
Try this if you will
Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options and select Blog Page then you can hidden the secondary sidebar.
If this donĀ“t work wait for a moderatorĀ“s reply
;)

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Jen, Batman's correct about the blog template being a special page.

As for the sidebars, you're doing things globally, rather than on the page level. When you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options and edit a template, you're doing that for the entire site. If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, you're adding or removing elements to the templates for use as called. But, if you go to any individual page, you can then scroll down to PageLines Meta Settings and hide sidebars or enable them as you deem fit. Many of our clients activate lots of sidebars globally, then hide them globally as well, enabling the ones they want on a page-by-page basis.

I would recommend reading through the documentation at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template, new posts