Photo
- - - - -

Header Background Image

header header image

Best Answer Rob , 03 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

If you create an image as high as you want it (minimally the height of your branding image + 50px), you can do the following:
1. Make sure your Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor, under Site Design Mode is set to Full-Width Sections
2. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control (if you're using the default theme or base theme) and upload your image. (This doesn't work in iBlog5 and some other child themes sold via our Store.)
3. Once the image is uploaded, align it to 0 (zero) vertically and 50 horizontally. DO NOT SUPERSIZE.
4. Upload your branding image (logo) in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup.
5. Go to: Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop (Header is the default). Set up the Branding or BrandNav in the Active Sections, as well as any menus or other items.
6. View the site. Season to taste and serve immediately with a side of noodles! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 topgambling26

topgambling26

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I am trying to add a background image to my header and cant seem to figure it out. The options i see is to change header color? can someone help me out? thanks!

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2069 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi
You can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules
or in
Pagelines Customize (plugin)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.
Check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 topgambling26

topgambling26

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

thanks!
Well the problem is i wasnt sure if i need to add custom CSS, one of the reasons i am trying out pagelines is because i know 0 about CSS and little html. And from reviews of this framework i am told it was easy to design a website with little to no code knowledge.
I will give this a try, thanks again

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:00 PM   Best Answer

If you create an image as high as you want it (minimally the height of your branding image + 50px), you can do the following:
1. Make sure your Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor, under Site Design Mode is set to Full-Width Sections
2. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control (if you're using the default theme or base theme) and upload your image. (This doesn't work in iBlog5 and some other child themes sold via our Store.)
3. Once the image is uploaded, align it to 0 (zero) vertically and 50 horizontally. DO NOT SUPERSIZE.
4. Upload your branding image (logo) in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup.
5. Go to: Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop (Header is the default). Set up the Branding or BrandNav in the Active Sections, as well as any menus or other items.
6. View the site. Season to taste and serve immediately with a side of noodles!
  • michael_b likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header, header image