Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Up For "pro" Photography Portfolio Site?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I've been using Pagelines products for some time now, and LOVE it.

I'm about to switch from this theme : http://brendajohima.com to the new Pagelines framework.

I'd like to design it as a "portfolio" site, showcasing primarily photography, and larger images. Before I dive into making the switch, any ideas as to the fastest way to create : 1. Portfolio page of images on several pages. ( or just use NextGen? ) and 2. Large images on the home page that I can easily switch and keep fresh.

Make sense?

Appreciate your feedback, and exited to get going.

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Please let us know if you need further assistance!

Posted · Report post

Thanks James, I've looked through the options, and unfortunately, I've spent literally hundreds of dollars at Pagelines only to have them send those products out to the public free of charge afterwards, so I hesitate to purchase more than I already own. Looking for some free options. Thanks for your help though, and taking the time to respond, appreciate it.

Posted · Report post

Basmati, I like that idea. Thank YOU. I will look into that plugin and let you know, although I don't want my images displayed full screen due to theft ... so if there is a way for me to select my own image size then that might work. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Thanks Jenny, still working on it, not finding anything that I really like (yet) other than linking in a SmugMug or other pro photo program into the Pagelines theme or linking out to a portfolio somewhere else, or using a different theme, not Pagelines. There must be a way to do it. Let me see if I can find a sample of the look I am going for :)

Posted · Report post

Basmati, have you seen any samples of photographer sites online using that plugin? Would love to see it in action. Might work

Posted · Report post

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

looks pretty good batman, although i find that clicking on some of the images, they are a bit slow to load for me, but great work, and I LOVE your art and photography. Fantastico!

Posted · Report post

Thanks ibeehappy2

There are a bit slow because I have a shared host (Godaddy)

:(