• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmacroe

tmacroe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I know how to edit the post metabar data through site options > blog and posts. However, I have added a custom post type (listings) with a custom taxonomy (locations) and can't figure out how to get the custom taxonomy to show up through the short code. I've tried several different combinations [post_locations], [post_listings_locations], [listings_locations], etc., but nothing seems to be working.

Any idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 tmacroe

tmacroe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Woops, forgot to include the second part of the question. I'm also trying to include a custom field in the post metabar, but don't know how to do this at all. Can I do it with short code?

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Well, lets start by saying that a taxonomy is just a category, and I don't know how you make a shortcode from a category. That would be a WP issue. If it can be done, likely the answer would be at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I don't know about Custom Post Types either. If you can convert them to a shortcode, then they should be useable in the meta. If not, then there may be a different way. I've no idea what that is. I suspect you'll need a pro developer for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metabar, posts, custom taxonomy