Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Add Custom Taxonomy And Field To Post Metabar

Question

Posted · Report post

I know how to edit the post metabar data through site options > blog and posts. However, I have added a custom post type (listings) with a custom taxonomy (locations) and can't figure out how to get the custom taxonomy to show up through the short code. I've tried several different combinations [post_locations], [post_listings_locations], [listings_locations], etc., but nothing seems to be working.

Any idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Woops, forgot to include the second part of the question. I'm also trying to include a custom field in the post metabar, but don't know how to do this at all. Can I do it with short code?

Posted · Report post

Well, lets start by saying that a taxonomy is just a category, and I don't know how you make a shortcode from a category. That would be a WP issue. If it can be done, likely the answer would be at http://codex.wordpress.org

I don't know about Custom Post Types either. If you can convert them to a shortcode, then they should be useable in the meta. If not, then there may be a different way. I've no idea what that is. I suspect you'll need a pro developer for this.