Photo

iblog pro 3 sidebar crahes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 changenow

changenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hey there! :-)

I got an issue: Every time I put a widget or code in my sidebar that's not only html my sidebar crashes. The codes worked fine with iblog pro 2 - but they cause issues... for example my "this is my network"-ning code and now also the max blog ad widget... any ideas!?

See it live at http://changenow.de

Greetings, Andr?©

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

Do the Widgets all have titles? Its probably because of a markup issue created somewhere. Have you inspected with FireBug to see whats causing your issue (JS problems, markup problems, etc...)?

#3 changenow

changenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Not all widgets have titles - but that was no problem so far. And honestly - I don't find the error in firebug, sory. Anything else I can do?! Greetings, Andr?©

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Took a look, it seemed like the issues was being caused by the 'cute profile sprite' try disabling that and see what happens.

#5 changenow

changenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hey-ho! I disabled the cute profiles - but no improvement so far, sidebar still crashes... any other ideas?! Greetings, Andr?©

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

Yes, try disabling the footer bar you have activated and any other plugins until you find the one causing your issue.

#7 changenow

changenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

I tried it and it is the max banner ads plugin - BUT: it only causes a crash in this theme - I tried it in several other themes, and it just worked fine... so maybe there is a conflict within the theme somehow? Many greetings, Andr?©