Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

How To Remove Feature Slider From Default Home Page Template

Remove Feature Slider

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am a devoted Pagelines customer. I have been using Platform Pro and just switched to Pagelines Framework. Love it! But I'm stumped. If I solve this, I might finally understand the paradigm. Here's my question.

How to I remove the feature slider from the default home page using the dashboard. I added a carousel and boxes. That worked. I don't need the slider on there. Can someone send me a hint. Thank you.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

To remove the Feature Slider, please deactivate it using PageLines > Drag & Drop. The Feature slider is activated in one of the page templates.

#3 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Catrina...this is my confusion...the Feature slider is not in the Active Section for the Template|Default. It should not be showing up at all. Its like its hard coded into the template. Hiding it while in the Available|Disabled won't help. It is still appearing on the default Home Page. Another clue? Please?

See here....everything is laid out as I wish on this page, except I don't want the Feature slider.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you very much for your time. :bow:

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Sorry for the confusion. That isn't a feature slider. It's a Quickslider, so you'll need to deactivate Quickslider in the page template where's activated.

#5 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Okay...but the Quickslider isn't in the Active Section of the Template|Default either. Huh? What template is used in the default home page?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I don't see any sliders at present, just the carousel. Did you find it and remove the slider?

#7 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

No. I didn't figure it out. In fact, I'm still feeling stupid. I tried using Template 1 on a Welcome page, then made that the Home Page, but I can't figure out how to get the PostLoop into the Content area. So you see, I am double dum...I can't figure out either solution. I did watch the videos. Thoughts?

#8 acuitas

acuitas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

YES! I did figure it out. Dah! I found it here:

go to

there you'll find a check box, check it.
Page Option > Blog Page > Page Setup > Posts - Content Area > Check "Hide QuickSlider"

Suddenly, it all makes sense. Phew...Thank you everyone for helping me out.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.