Category Templates & Customise Homepage
Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:26 AM
1. Is it possible to have different categories (e.g. ?cat=15) governed by different templates? I want each category to have its own look and feel but as far as I can tell there is only one meta for categories pages.
2. Is there a way to pull posts into a page? For example using a shortcode. I want to be able to pull blog posts into my static homepage
Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:54 AM
- I created a static page (homepage) and selected a template (5) and made some adjustments.
- I created another static page (blog) and selected a template (4) and made some adjustments. I'm not sure what is meant by nothing in the field. Does this mean no page content?
- am Changed Reading settings to static page - frontpage=homepage, posts page=blog
Am I doing something wrong? All I see on the homepage is the static homepage.
Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:28 AM
As far as I can tell if I use the solution above the homepage meta comes from the blog posts meta - i.e. I cannot have the homepage configured uniquely without it copying the standard blog template. Is this correct?
Question 1 remains an issue. In fact it is related to above. Is it possible to have different categories (e.g. ?cat=15) governed by different templates?
Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:34 AM
I need to be able to keep individual page meta.
Is this a bug?
Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:50 PM
Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:15 PM
I installed Anything Boxes to get the posts in a page functionality.