Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Child Section In Child Theme?

Question

Posted · Report post

Right now I'm using a child theme for my website, but now I need to change the boxes section of the website. The boxes need to make h1's instead of h3's, I know what to change but I don't know how to make it so it won't work anymore with an update.

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you're using a child theme or base theme, you shouldn't have to worry about the change being overwritten when you update. You can change the tags in the appropriate section file for Boxes.

Posted · Report post

But the only file I have in my child theme is a style.css.

Posted · Report post

Are you using base theme or another child theme? You'll need to copy the section file from the parent theme folder into the theme folder for the base/child theme then make the change. For more information, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme

Posted · Report post

Ah yeah that worked for my boxes problem. Although I still have a problem with my features, I want the slideshow to stop when you hover over a slide. Now I already know how to do this, but when I fix this in my child theme it still uses the settings from the base theme.

EDIT: The fix is in the script.cycle.js by the way you need to change pause: 0 to pause: 1, maybe this information is helpfull?

Posted · Report post

How did you manage this fix in the child theme? Also, do you mean it still uses settings from the parent theme? (Base theme and child theme are interchangeable names)

Posted · Report post

This is what's in my child theme right now:

- pagelines-child

- sections

- boxes

- features

- script.cycle.js <-- This is the file I edited for the hover pause.

- style.css

These are all the files in my child-theme, but the problem right now is that the .js file gets overwritten by the default .js file in the base theme.

Posted · Report post

Saniclass,

Try the WP Boxer plugin. It might prove much easier to use.