Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Color Link Is White And Doesn't Show Since Upgrading To 2.3.4 Or 2.3.5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

In one of the recent updates either to 2.3.4 or to 2.3.5 it seems all the links on my site are now white and so don't show up. If you hoover over them you see them as the color they are supposed to be. All was fine before one of these updates.

Here's the only CSS code I am using that modifies links in any way:

/* SIMPLE POST TITLE TREATMENT Makes post titles change to link color hover with no underline.
@pl-link is tied to your link color. Change this to any hex code to change. */

h1.entry-title a:hover,h2.entry-title a:hover, h3.entry-title a:hover, h4.entry-title a:hover {
text-decoration:none !important;color:#A6393C;transition(all .2s ease-in-out);
}

Site: www.qdinformation.com

I did deactivate all plugins and still had the same problem.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hi there, can you see an Less/parse errors in your admin bar or in the dashboard? I've pasted your css into my test site and it seems to be working fine.

#3 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

No, there are no errors in the admin bar. Not sure exactly where I should see these errors in the Pagelines Dashboard since I've never had an error. I have other custom code as well but think I went through all that and nothing else affects links.

#4 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I've done some more poking around with Firebug and the CSS that is working for the links is below. I can see that my code to set the color is there but is being over ridden. If I change the color from #FFFFFF to A6393G it works but can't find where I should make the change within pagelines.

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {

[clipped a bunch of non-relevant code]

http://w...51824775/

a {

color:#FFFFFF;

}
social-media

a {

text-decoration:none;

}
http://w...51824775/

a {

color:#A6393C;

}

#5 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Note: It didn't show up when I pasted this in but the color:#A6393C is actually struck thru i.e. color:#A6393C

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

I had the same problem and found that the links were color coded in a plugin. Do you have plugins where this problem is occurring?

#7 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I disabled all plugins and still had the problem (see the first post). Also, I've not added any plugins since this happened so I don't think it’s a plugin although I am going to try it again just increase I screwed up last time and didn't get them all disabled.

#8 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Tried again ensuring all plugins were deactivated and still had the problem so it definitely isn't a plugin. Just wondering what changed in Pagelines that caused this but unfortunately I'm not sure with which update this occurred.

#9 edwardv2

edwardv2

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

This is resolved. I had time today (Saturday) andI went through all my CSS line by line for anything that changed color to white and found a typo I had made at some point that just happened to occur at the same time as my upgrading Pagelines. I have a habit of accidentally hitting the a key when I really want the shift key and it happened in the absolute wrong place; in the CSS where I change the color of the sidebar widgets text to white.

Thanks for everyone's help and sorry to have troubled you.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

No trouble at all.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts