Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Background

Question

Posted · Report post

Forgive me if I've already asked this as I am still searching to no avail - the following code...

#site .content, #footer .content { background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5); }

How do I enable this in IE8?

Thank you.

40 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Restoring files wont make a difference, the option is stored in the database, just follow the simple instructions above ^^

Posted · Report post

From the wordpress forum "

Ok, I figured it out. All this data is stored it database, I found the code there and deleted the section that produced the error. Now everything's working fine again."

Where is the database in the ftp folder and what file do I need to modify as restore hasn't resolved the issue yet?

Posted · Report post

Folder / file readded. How long does it take for the backend of WP to be back the way it was?

If I don't re-add the css, do I need to reactivate the child theme?

Posted · Report post

Add the css to the child themes style.css. Then activate the child theme.

Posted · Report post

so that file you said to add, that will clear the "Less compile error" and restor the WP Admin screen? I just need to re-enter the custom css I had entered before? minus this last piece of code?

Posted · Report post

so that file you said to add, that will clear the "Less compile error" and restor the WP Admin screen? I just need to re-enter the custom css I had entered before? minus this last piece of code?

Yes.

Posted · Report post

This is why WP scares me. Do you know how long it will take for that piece of code to "fix" the WP admin area?

Posted · Report post

How long? Instantly, just open wp-admin to clear the css, then next visit to the front end will re-create the css cache.

Posted · Report post

Not working. I've cleared cache several times and re-logged into wp-admin and no change.

Posted · Report post

What cache? You should not have to clear anything! Just add that mu-plugin, and the oagelines area should load up again, if it doesnt, means you have installed the mu-plugin to the wrong place.

Posted · Report post

there is another plug to install? kinda hard to do when the screen under the plugin tab in wp-admin is blank. Within the FTP program, I had thought you meant to say to add a new directory "mu-plugins" in the "wp-content" directory. Then I added a file and copy / paste "<?phpadd_action( 'admin_init', function() { plupop( 'customcss', '' ); } );?>" into it.

Not what you said?

I am sorry you are getting frustrated with me. This is my first WP site, and likely my last. I Do appreciate your help.

Posted · Report post

Paste this into it, exactly like it is:

<?php

add_action( 'admin_init', function() { plupop( 'customcss', '' ); } );

?>

And call the file fix.php or something

HAS to be .php

Posted · Report post

Hi there, in IE8 you'll need to use a solid color as it doesn't support transparencies. A solid color like #dddddd etc, otherwise save a transparent png in an image editor and apply as a bg.

Posted · Report post

Ok, we're back online. Now I just need to reconstruct the css to accomplish the following for ccbsi.com:

1 - I need to make the background 50% transparent

2 - I need to make the text in the hero black & a different font

3 - I need to make the text in the footer white

I'll do a search to see if I can find it. Hopefully I won't pick a code that breaks the system.

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated. More than you know.

Posted · Report post

So for IE8 only, what do I need to add to set the background to solid and leave it transparant for IE9?