Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Two Header Questions

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello again, I have two questions about headers.... The first is how do I make a graphic stick to the top of the blog? I always leaves a space when I place the logo there.

And the second question is, how would I go to recreate this:

http://www.inchesbehindthecamera.com/

One part graphic, the other part solid color...but where do I set the header size and bg color? Thanks for the help again :)

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I've tried everything with Firebug but I still can't figure out how to snap the logo to the top :(

Does anybody know the magic code?

Posted · Report post

More than once good Samaritans left a comment on what worked for them, saving my butt. Thanks for the both of you and here is the magic code:

#branding {margin-top:-50px;}

Now my only issue is getting the header to have a background color. Applying a bg color to #branding only wraps the color around the image. #header does the same also.

I have no problem making the graphic like this:

http://www.inchesbehindthecamera.com/

But how do I make the background like that? Thanks again for your help!

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Hum the flush to the top code does not work :/

I will try the other code when I get to it, thanks!

Posted · Report post

You're welcome :-)

First code was an example, you'll need to find the correct code for the item you're editing using firebug. www.getfirebug.com

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the logo with have paddings/margins around it. You'll need to remove the top padding to make it fit flush to the top of the page, you can do this with css. Something like

#branding {padding-top:0;}
. You'll need to check this using firebug www.getfirebug.com. I've looked at the inspiration site, to design it you'll need to get the graphic in place first in the layout. Then you can chose the bg color you want running behind the graphic and apply it to the #branding section using css, as per the method above.
#branding {background:yoururl.jpg;}[/code]