• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jenkdesigns

jenkdesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm trying to get a sidebar to display on the homepage to the right of the features & boxes sections. When purchasing, the "drag & drop" functionality implied this as a possibility, but I've not been able to arrange the elements on the page - aside from vertically.

Here's the site (it's not live yet):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I want a sidebar on the right-hand side that goes from under the sub-nav, down to the footer or at least to the MoreFoot section. Whenever I try activating a sidebar on this template, even though it's setup as a left-sidebar template, it adds the sidebars above Features horizontally or below another area in the template - never in the sidebar area.

Is this possible & if so, can you provide some basic guidelines?

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Add the feature to the content area, not the template area. The the sidebar will be next to it.

#3 jenkdesigns

jenkdesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I tried that and now I can't get the Features to show up on the page anymore & there is no sidebar either.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

To elaborate on Simon's shorthand guide, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop. Click on Page Templates and remove Features and Boxes from the template you're using. Then, click on Content Area, then the template you're using, and slide both Features and Boxes from Available Sections to Active Sections. Make sure the order in which you want them to appear. They should show then.

#5 jenkdesigns

jenkdesigns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I've tried the suggested solution & have now lost the Features entirely & still no sidebar at all. I have something in all the widget(ed) sidebars to detect which one is showing, but none are.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Okay. Please check Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options for the Blog Posts area and verify that in the global meta settings, you do not have Features hidden.

Do the same thing for any page that uses that template.

Are you sure you've placed the elements in the correct template?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes, features, sidebar