Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved How Do I Get Rid Of Demo Content

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello. :) This is probably a really stupid question, but I need help- so here it goes:

When I built my website the first time around, I used pagelines platform and imported the demo data file. When I deleted that theme and added the framework, all of the data from the old site is still there. At this point I do not even use pagelines because I find it impossible to fix.. So I want to start from scratch, and find no way to do so.

Where do I delete the demo content info?

I went to the phpmy admin and tried to find the database there, but cannot find anything related to pagelines.. any ideas?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Well, if you imported the pages/posts/categories etc, then you just delete them in wordpress.

Posted · Report post

It is not the pages, posts, and categories... When I install the framework, instead of getting a brand new setup- I get the setup I messed up. I went to wp-options and deleted anything that said platform in there- hoping that all of the info I had added would disappear- but it did not. I try to make the site pages different but they don't work.

For example- there is a slider I uploaded- and when i reinstall pagelines- the slider is still there with the pics and everything.. How do i get a blank slate? (sorry that i dont even know the right terminology.. lol)

Posted · Report post

the site is live now because i am playing with it.. so you can look at it here: www.nanacampana.com

Posted · Report post

I even went page by page and reset everything to default- and nothing..

Posted · Report post

On page/post level all the settings are store in the post_meta for that page, so unless you actually delete all the posts they will stay there.

Posted · Report post

so your suggestion is that i delete the actual pages?

Posted · Report post

Totally figured it out!~ :) Loving this Framework now!! :)

Thanks Simon!

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.