8 replies to this topic

#1 agrover9

agrover9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Framework Version:WhiteHouse Pro

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I can not reach the "Stay In Touch" in the footer of www.LiberalizeBankruptcy.org which is using WhiteHouse Pro.

I would like to put my social media links there. Can you tell me how to get to this section and edit.

Thank You
  • assomibatrifs likes this

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hi there, this section will be a widget in your footer columns. Go to appearance>widgets from the wordpress dash. You'll see the various widgets inside there on the left and the locations you can place them on the right.

If you've not placed any manual widgets in before and the widget area is empty, then the widgets you currently have displaying are being shown by default and you'll need to recreate them using your own choice of widgets from the options available on the left.

#3 agrover9

agrover9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hello is there a better way than having to remake the footer. How would you get to this in the PHP?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

You would need to edit the PHP files using a text editor program. It's not recommended that you edit the footer file or any core files in the theme, but since this is a legacy theme that's never going to be updated again (so there would be nothing to overwrite during upgrade), I think it would be okay for you to try to edit footer PHP file. Just make sure you have an unedited back-up of it so that if a change in the piece of code breaks the site, at least you can re-upload the back-up file and start over.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

You would need to edit the PHP files using a text editor program. It's not recommended that you edit the footer file or any core files in the theme, but since this is a legacy theme that's never going to be updated again (so there would be nothing to overwrite during upgrade), I think it would be okay for you to try to edit footer PHP file. Just make sure you have an unedited back-up of it so that if a change in the piece of code breaks the site, at least you can re-upload the back-up file and start over.

#6 agrover9

agrover9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Thank you, this is helpful

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Okay, PHP isn't easier than a widget which is a simple drag & drop element. There are plugins that work in WHPro that will create a widget to include all the social icons you could possibly desire. In fact, there are probably more social icon plugins than any other kind. With an appropriately selected (compatible with WP 3.4.2) plugin installed, you can have your widget in place in minutes, no coding needed.

#8 agrover9

agrover9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

how do you close the topic, i opened another question already.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, footer