Photo
- - - - -

Plugin For Changing Background Image On Every Page Refresh?

background image plugin feature slider

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adamspoon24

adamspoon24

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hello
I am looking for a way to change the background image on my home page every time the page refreshes. I have found a few plugins (not Pagelines plugins) but there are a couple problems with them. Mainly the one that I found (Background Manager) disables my feature slider on the home page. Very frustrating b/c it is a great plugin otherwise. So I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a Pagelines plugin that will do this or of any other plugins that you think will work. Or I suppose if you have any suggestions as to why the Background Manager plugin is disabling my Feature Slider, that'd be great too. I'm stuck on this one.

Thanks a lot!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

There is no PageLines plugin available in the store that performs this function. The best option would be other WP plugins, but I think Background Manager may be disabling Feature Slider because there's a conflict in there somewhere (you may need to try deactivating your other active plugins to see if the issue persists).

#3 adamspoon24

adamspoon24

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

thanks. i tried deactivating all plugins but it didn't help. any idea what the conflict could be? and do you have any suggestions for other plugins? i also tried Better Backgrounds plugin but that one wouldn't allow me to only do the background image on the home page, it puts a background image on every page.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

I would imagine it a JS conflict, if you contact the plugin author he may be able to advise a work around. I've not heard of any other plugins which may do the same. But we'll leave this thread open in case any other users have any suggestions.

If you don't find a solution you might want to look into getting a custom plugin created by one of the Pagelines Pros. Check them out here www.pagelines.com/pros/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: background image, plugin, feature slider