• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ingrid_lorena

ingrid_lorena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have the same problem with my website but I just started! I have less than one page done. My site is so slow that I haven't even able to finish one page! I was reading previous posting and everybody installed the W3 Total Cache plugin so I was about to install it BUT the video tutorial for W3 Total Cache plugin says that it should be installed until the website is done. What can I do? I have my hosting in godaddy and someone told me that godaddy was very slow in running wordpress. What can I do? I am desperate!!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Please try deactivating all active plugins on your WordPress dashboard to see if the site continues to load slowly.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi Ingrid, please take a look at the post below. Very similar to the problems you've been encountering and some possible solutions enclosed.

You will need to disable W3 Total Cache as it will stop you from seeing any updates you make to your site during the designing process.

I've just tested your site in Pingdom and some of your images are over 2mb. The total page load is 4.5mb, which is far too large for the web, if you reduce them down you'll notice your site will speed up dramatically. The results of the test can be seen here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loading time, slow