• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gcmprior

gcmprior

Advanced Member

• Members

• 73 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I basically am looking to put a logo with transparent borders above my header section. I would like to lower the white content box so the logo appears over the background.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16504 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, can your provide an image showing us please.

#3 markmanson

markmanson

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

He means above everything, above the entire pagelines site, above the header the branding everything. Like: logo, THEN header, then everything else. 

I need the same thing done. Any advice is welcome. I tried adding a content box above the header and making it transparent but that didnt work, 

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi all,

The header is the furthest area you can go to in the drag and drop template, even if you put any items above the nav/branding it will still be placed inside the header container.

If you're looking to only color the bg container area underneath the header section, you'll need to look into a css solution. However, epending on the layout selected in your site setup this could be become quite complicated as you'd possibly have to color the background of each section separately and remove any padding/margins between there are no gaps between the them.

An easy solution might be better to save a background image for the entire site with the white area on it already, set to the correct dimensions for the site. Set to supersize so it scales down with the browser window and remains in alignment with the content area.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header, logo, transparent, above header