Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Upload Buttons Dead

Best Answer Danny , 29 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

This topic was resolved in Live Chat, by using the plugin, Admin in English. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 btnfv

btnfv

• Members

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

I had all of the upload buttons on the Website Setup page stop working. If I upload branding images via FTP and enter the URL and save settings it works but the upload buttons are no longer linked and not clickable. I have a few installs of Pagelines running and this is only happening with one. What would cause this?

#2 btnfv

btnfv

• Members

• 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Actually it is every Upload Image button in pagelines. Cursor moves over the button as if it were just an image on the page. I am not excited about delteing the theme and starting over.

Update: Activated a different theme. Removed Pagelines. Reinstalled Pagelines and still have the same issue.

Update 2: Tried disabling all plugins and a few other things and nothing worked. Completely removed WP and reinstalled everything fresh. Problem solved, but I still would like some info about this problem.

Update3: After restoring the layout and reinstalling plugins and extensions everything still worked. After after setting [ define('WPLANG', 'ja_JA'); ] the Upload Image buttons stopped working again. Tried switching back and forth and it is directly connected to the language setting change. Quite disappointed I did not figure this out earlier. I am not sure what about the upload image button is causing this. Any insight on how to correct this would be great.

The button does not seem to use HTML and I looked into the Translation Center, but I am confused about how it works. I want to keep the pagelines backend in English. Is there a way to force the pagelines language to be English while plugins are ja_JA?

Update 4: Got some assist from Danny in Live Chat. The japanese language setting for wordpress is define('WPLANG', '日本語 - ja'); but the .po standard is ja_JA. I activated Twenty Eleven and equivalent button "browse" works when [define('WPLANG', 'ja_JA');] is used. If Twenty Eleven works Pagelines shold work, right? When using [define('WPLANG', '日本語 - ja');] the pagelines buttons work but the .po plugin translation files do not work which is a problem. Cannot upload plugin_日本語 - ja.po to the server.
Installing this plugin (provided by Danny) has solved my current issue in Pagelines:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am assuming this is still an issue for completely localized translations using Japanese backend.

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:30 AM   Best Answer

This topic was resolved in Live Chat, by using the plugin, Admin in English.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved