Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Font Problem

blog font different

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi

On my clients website, the primary font is Homemade Apple * G which work perfect for her blog posts but is not good for example on sidebar, shop page etc. Is there any way I can keep Homemade Apple * G for just the blog posts and for the font on the About us page?

Site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2203 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hi
I´m not sure but you can try for example to change the font at sidebar add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

.mcolumn-pad > :last-child, .copy-pad > :last-child, .scolumn-pad > :last-child, .sidebar_widgets > :last-child, .entry_content > :last-child, .post-excerpt > :last-child { font-family: arial !important;}

You can search with firebug the other font to change

#3 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hi Batman

I added the code but the font on the sidebar still remain the same as the blog font

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2203 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi again
Pelase try with

#5 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

It worked :) Thank you so much!

What would be the best way to solve the other problem though? If I either change the primary font to another font and just have blog posts a special font. Or keeping the primary font as it is and just change so the closet pages (shop) have another font than Homemade Apple * G

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

If you wish to use multiple fonts on specific pages, you will need to use the page-id class for that page and apply the font-family code to it, similar to what you did with the sidebar.

for example:

The above code is just an example and you will need to find your pages ID for the pages you wish to use a unique font family.

#7 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi Danny

It is working :) but because the site is a blog/online store it means it will be updating new pages daily. Is there a way that if I do customize for the blog site that also all the other blog posts are having the same font as well? Same for the store page. The plan is to have about 50 products up on the site, and it will take some time to customize fonts for all those pages.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Why not set your default in Typography settings to the font you wish to be used on your Blog and Shop page and then use the code above, as an example and add custom CSS to the pages you wish to use another font.

That way, your new products and posts will use the default font and your static content on pages will use the font you have set in the custom CSS.

#9 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Default is what I want to be used in my blog. But it work terrible on my shop page. It's like day and night, I can't use it for the shop page.

#10 svabodesign

svabodesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Topic is solved :)

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts