Photo
- - - - -

Forum Issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 ianblackstockrogerscom

ianblackstockrogerscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hey, Having a problem with the Media Temple re-direct exploit fix.. Had to change all the prefix's in my database, to correct the issue... I can't login to my forum now, under any account... User names have dissapeared from posts. I'm still able to login via Wordpress though. I updated bb-config.php with all new correct info, still not working... any ideas? www.onpointmusic.ca/forum Thanks.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

I'm guessing that it's an .htaccess problem, but this question really would be better suited for the experts at bbpress or wordpress forums since they see these sorts of things way more often.

#3 ianblackstockrogerscom

ianblackstockrogerscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

So what .htaaccess file would I need to look at? There's several... Is this correct would this be causing the prob? # BEGIN FAlbum # END FAlbum AddHandler php5-script .php # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

No, that looks like the standard WordPress .htaccess file, shouldn't be any problems there.

PLEASE BACK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE TRYING THIS

I'm not entirely sure what your initial solution was to swapping out the prefixes, but have you checked in the actual database that all the prefixes are correct? That way you could manually fix them at the source if any are not correct.

Every host is different so you'll have to ask them or see one of tutorials, or perhaps you can find it on your own, you're looking for phpMyAdmin in the control panel of your hosting account. Then you should find just your one database (or a list of databases). Find the one WordPress uses and browse it checking the prefixes, if any are off manually edit (pencil icon) the ones that are incorrect.

Thanks, Bryan

#5 ianblackstockrogerscom

ianblackstockrogerscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Hey Bryan, I had wp_databases and i have bb_databases all the wp_ ones i have changed prefixes, but if i change all the bb_ prefixes there are duplicates with the wp_ ones so it will cause a conflict. i did go in change them manually.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

I hate to be a broken record, but I don't want to tell you something that will screw things up more. I do recommend posting in the WP/BBpress forums for this one. I'm not sure what you mean by duplicate dbs because when you initially setup bbPress it does give you the option to install it on the same db as WordPress. The db is the same but the prefixes are not. If you are getting 404 errors then your permalinks have been thrown off, but if you're getting 500 internal server errors then you have other problems. What does Media Temple have to say?...and what errors are you getting ...just missing info?

#7 ianblackstockrogerscom

ianblackstockrogerscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:13 AM

I posted the WP / BBpres Forums. No reply as of yet. What I mean is this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I cant log in to forum, or see the user names - previously this worked with no problems... Looks like the user list table in database from WP_ since i changed its prefix is not readable by BB_press anymore I have one DB with Different entries... some are WP_ some are BB_press.... I changed all the WP_ prefixes to something else as This makes the site more secure. What I need to know is if I change the BB_ prefixes, there will be dubplicate names as the WP_names are the same as the BB_names.. Do I even need to the change the BB_ prefixes not sure if theyre prone to malware injections...

#8 ianblackstockrogerscom

ianblackstockrogerscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

Fixed it!!!! Issue was in the bb_meta tag under wp_table_prefix tag... Thank god!

#9 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:55 AM

Great to hear. Thanks, Bryan