Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved How Can I Set The Background Red And Content Background White

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi I want to ask,

how to a single page that the background is red and the middle is white (white so the information is visible),

I tried to edit on the "Edit Page", set the background a red 800 * 100 pic and repeat vertically,

but it can show only one side, not both

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, are you able to provide conceptual image of what you're looking to do, just to make sure we understand your question fully and what you're looking to achieve.

You can colour the page background using the color control tab in Pagelines>Site Options>Color Control. You can set the background to red and the content area to white.

If you're looking to do this on one page only, you'll need to use Css and assign colors to the various elements. You'll need to use #page-id-2 etc before the css code.

Posted · Report post

Hi, try setting the image to Tile. If you set it to vertical repeat, it will stack the images one on top of the other, but, it won't repeat them across as well. If you set the image at 0 vertical and 0 horizontal alignment, it will be top, left only. To center it, set the horizontal alignment to 50.

Then, depending on where you want the white space, either:

#site .content, #footer .content {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white;

width: 100%;

}

Or,

#content .content-pad {

padding-top: 10px;

}

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi, try setting the image to Tile. If you set it to vertical repeat, it will stack the images one on top of the other, but, it won't repeat them across as well. If you set the image at 0 vertical and 0 horizontal alignment, it will be top, left only. To center it, set the horizontal alignment to 50.

Then, depending on where you want the white space, either:

#site .content, #footer .content {

width: 100%;

}

Or,

#content .content-pad {

padding-top: 10px;

}

thank you so much, and also to James,

I solve it now :)