Photo
- - - - -
Open

Banner Not Showing In Some Browsers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 holmeser

holmeser

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm using banners for the first time and they show perfectly on my Mac using Chrome & Safari but not FF or any browser on the PC. Can you please provide assistance?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Looking at each link in your menu, I couldn't find a single banner on any page. Are they still on the site? If so, where?

#3 holmeser

holmeser

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Every page has a banner, but I only see them on my Mac in FF & Safari.

HOme page for example:

#4 Anthony Luth

Anthony Luth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Try using the Browser Specific css plugin. I can see the banners in Chrome but not IE or FF. This has no bearing on windows/pc.

#5 holmeser

holmeser

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

So you have no guidance on the topic then other than it must be a CSS error on my part?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

I am unable to recreate this issue, I have added 10 banners, all using different options and have checked on all browsers and they're working as intended.

Therefore have you made any changes to the banners section i.e. custom code, changes to the section.php file or custom CSS, please review these changes, as this is most likely the cause of the issue.

Please remember that the banners section is not supposed to house full width images, which is what is appearing on your site, Banners are supposed to display an image and text, if you wish to have an image only, use HTML instead.

#7 holmeser

holmeser

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

How then can I utilize Pagelines to simply place a full-width image expanding above the width of the content & sidebar? It seems like you either have to add text or text with links to any built-in heros, banners, etc.

#8 holmeser

holmeser

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Also when I revert to the Pagelines Framework Theme instead of my Base Theme, the banners still do not show up in those browsers.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi there, if you place in a full width sidebar in the required space you can apply an image to it using css as a background. You'll need to make sure the site is set to 'full width' sections in the layout editor.