Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Css Parse Errors & Unresponsive Css

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I upgraded from PL 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 this morning and now I'm getting some weirdness....

1. I'm getting the following error:

"PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.

parse error: failed at `font-family: \"Century Gothic\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; ` line: 970"

The weird thing is that when you look at line 970 it does not have that font-family instruction... It's actually a box-shadow instruction... Besides, that line of code has been there for weeks and never gave me an error....

2. The other issue (much bigger issue) is that none of the new CSS I'm adding is making any changes on the elements I'm targeting (I'm just trying to add a margin right now... nothing complex!)

How do I downgrade to 2.3.3 again please?!?

33 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The CSS you posted above has quotes in it. Remove the quotes from the image URLs you don't need them

Posted · Report post

So you removed the font family line from the CSS area and it's still giving the same error about font family?

No. Now it gives me another error from another instruction that has quotes.

But I'm not going to mess around with code that my LESS compiler says is fine. That's just looking for trouble. (All it takes is my fat thumb hitting something and then I'll be looking for that typo for hours...)

Besides if you look at the post above where I share the two screen pics you'll see that when I paste my CSS back into the compiler it's completely screwing up the website.... But when I place the code in the pl customize plugin it works fine.

Posted · Report post

If its just CSS your better off having it in the customise plugin anyway

Posted · Report post

Did manage to resolve the problem by using a custom css plugin and all looks good.

Posted · Report post

Change line 489 of class.render.css.php to this:

$custom = stripslashes( ploption( 'customcss' ) );

And its fixed.

I will try that. Next time I update Pagelines that change will be gone right? I'll have to do it again, right?

Posted · Report post

The update, in 19 mins includes the fix.

Posted · Report post

The update, in 19 mins includes the fix.

You're releasing a new update?