Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi there,

I upgraded from PL 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 this morning and now I'm getting some weirdness....

1. I'm getting the following error:
"PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.
parse error: failed at `font-family: \"Century Gothic\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; ` line: 970"

The weird thing is that when you look at line 970 it does not have that font-family instruction... It's actually a box-shadow instruction... Besides, that line of code has been there for weeks and never gave me an error....

2. The other issue (much bigger issue) is that none of the new CSS I'm adding is making any changes on the elements I'm targeting (I'm just trying to add a margin right now... nothing complex!)

How do I downgrade to 2.3.3 again please?!?

#2 ggusd

ggusd

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hello, I also have this issue and would also like to know how to downgrade.

#3 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I just tried to simply change the color of <h3> and nothing... The css is not producing any changes!

Guys, I need I link to the PL version 2.3.3 ASAP!

From my dashboard it's not available. And I need to finish this website today!!!!

Thx

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

How about paste us the CSS you put into the custom CSS area.

#5 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

How about paste us the CSS you put into the custom CSS area.

There's a lot of CSS... but I was trying to add a margin to an element, simple stuff and no matter how I tried, it wouldn't take...

So then I tried this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And nothing... it didn't change the color (from gray to purple...). And BTW, when I inspect the <h3> using firebug, the instruction to change the color to purple doesn't even show up... It's like it never makes it from the Pagelines Custom CSS settings to the live page (yes, I reloaded the page, I emptied cache as well. Nothing).

That's when I started suspecting it might have to do with the update...

If you give me a link so I can download version 2.3.3 again, I'll install it and try again, and let you know if it resolved the issue.

Please provide me that link asap... I haven't been able to do and CSS work today on that site and I'm suposed to finish it today...

Please, please, pretty please... give me a link with the download...

Thanks

Beny

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

You can add CSS to the customise plugins style.css and not use the less compiler

Looks to me like something in your code is escaping be it a quote or double quote. But I can't tell as you wouldn't paste it.

I won't have any Internet til tomorrow as I'm not at home to upload an older version but it will be the same as the less compiler has not been updated.

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4984 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi there, do you see a button at the top of your site in the admin bar saying 'flush LESS', if you do please press it. This will flush the LESS errors and correct the code.

#8 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

You can add CSS to the customise plugins style.css and not use the less compiler

Looks to me like something in your code is escaping be it a quote or double quote. But I can't tell as you wouldn't paste it.

I won't have any Internet til tomorrow as I'm not at home to upload an older version but it will be the same as the less compiler has not been updated.

I have over 3,000 lines of CSS... and all of it was working fine yesterday. Even this morning...

The only thing I tried to do today after the update was this:

That's all... Then I tried instead of targeting that .text selector to target the selector above and add a margin-bottom, and the selector below to add a margin-top. But nothing...

And BTW, I know the above .text selector works because all the instructions I wrote prior to the update are working... The full LESS code I'm using for that form is:

Everything I've tried today as far as CSS is not producing any changes... The above code is being used right now, you can see the page here:

You'll notice that the <h3> is still in gray, and the .text field in the form doesn't have the 15px top margin and 5px bottom margin...

I'll try pasting the CSS into the customize plugin > style.css and let you know how that goes...

It's also worth noting that I don't write my LESS in the Pagelines compiler... I write my LESS in Coda, compile using the LESS app for Mac, then copy the compiled CSS into the Pagelines LESS/CSS compiler. The LESS app for mac gives me error alerts if there are any, and it is NOT giving me any errors... everything seems to be fine with the code.

Can anybody just email me a zip file with Pagelines version 2.3.3? It would be very straightforward to re-install it and assess if this is actually a bug with the update...

Click here to

me the file please!!!! It's really urgent.

I'll let you know about pasting the CSS to the customize plugin...

#9 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I deleted my CSS code from the pagelines compiler and pasted it into the customize plugin > style.css...

The code is working fine when I do that.

What does that mean?

#10 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi there, do you see a button at the top of your site in the admin bar saying 'flush LESS', if you do please press it. This will flush the LESS errors and correct the code.

I do not see that button anywhere in my admin bar...

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4984 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hi there,

I've pasted the error line you're getting in and got the compile same error. LESS doesn't seem to like quotes. Please find that line in the css and remove the quotes. As soon as I removed the quotes the error resolved.

{font-family: Century Gothic, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}

- Less Flush button

#12 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hi there,

I've pasted the error line you're getting in and got the compile same error. LESS doesn't seem to like quotes. Please find that line in the css and remove the quotes. As soon as I removed the quotes the error resolved.

{font-family: Century Gothic, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}

I'll give it a try... though I find it strange that it's the first time I'm getting that error even though that code has been there for months...

I'll let you know how it goes. As for the "flush less" button, still not showing up for me:

#13 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hi there,

Hey James, I removed the quotes from the font-family instructions... that got rid of that error, but now it's giving me another one. The new error is also because of the quotes, but it's on a mixin that addresses IE gradient issues so I don't dare remove it, especially because I've been using all of this code for months without a single issue.

These issue started today, as soon as I updated from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4...

Now, here's something else interesting (in a very scary way!)

When I paste my compiled CSS code in the pagelines compiler, a lot of the instructions are NOT styling the page as they should... see pic here -->

But when I paste it into the Pagelines Customize Plugin > style.css the page looks as it should --->

To be clear: the above pics are EXACTLY the same CSS code...

There's something definitely funky with this latest update...

#14 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

I agree with you. I am also having lots of compile errors after I had upgraded to the latest version yesterday and its making my website look like a test environment :(. When you say you paste it in Pagelines Customize Plugin > style.css, is this via the editor?

#15 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

We decided to run the CSS through Wordpress kses data validation which all options should be ran through anyway.
Reason for this was simple, people were adding script tags Javascript and HTML into the CSS box rendering wp-admin completely inaccessible!
Only drawback it seems is kses is escaping quotes now and that's also breaking the less.
So I'm gonna have to find a middle ground.

#16 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I agree with you. I am also having lots of compile errors after I had upgraded to the latest version yesterday and its making my website look like a test environment :(. When you say you paste it in Pagelines Customize Plugin > style.css, is this via the editor?

Yes. Go to plugins > editor then select "pagelines customize" from the menu on the top right of screen. Then click on the style.css file. Enter your CSS there and save.

#17 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks will do that now.

#18 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Done this but I have lost lots of my customization as a result of this. Great job pagelines

#19 Beny Schonfeld

Beny Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Done this but I have lost lots of my customization as a result of this. Great job pagelines

I forgot to mention... You probably did this but just in case...

When you add your CSS code to the pagelines customize plugin > style.css make sure you then remove any CSS you had in the pagelines less/CSS compiler...

#20 hopeofglory

hopeofglory

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Yes I did remove from pagelines less/CSS compiler but no difference

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, css, bugs, parse error