Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Background In Each Bottom Post

Question

Posted · Report post

Why my site nonsolomac.com made with iBlog Pro 4.2.6 can be clearly seen on OSX (all browsers) but not on iOS device (black background each bottom post) ?

1 person likes this

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you very much !

Where have I to paste this code ?

I have Pagelines Framework and iBlogPro 5, but I'm afraid that the upgrade causes problems, and I have not tried it yet.

Posted · Report post

No Rob, the Google+ social plug-in is not the cause of the problem.

However, I turned off because it was ugly.

The black blackground, with the code pasted in the "Custom Code" area, is only in the bottom of the page, in the area called left sidebar, middle sidebar and right sidebar.

Posted · Report post

I just looked at your site on an Android device. I did not see any black areas in the Morefoot as your image clearly demonstrates. Thus I must conclude this is a browser-specific problem. We offer this product, free: http://pagelines.com/store/plugins/browser-css

It would help you apply a background color for the morefoot or the widgets you've added there or, perhaps selecting "background-color:transparent;" might be more appropriate. That plugin would apply the CSS specifically to the iPad and I'd suggest, the iPhone as well.

Posted · Report post

Can you please post a screenshot of the site on the iOS device?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is a screenshot from iPad ...

post-8919-0-85346900-1351472445_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Just add the code to PageLines -> Site Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS, then save

Posted · Report post

At the bottom of the page ...

post-8919-0-61082600-1352492588_thumb.pn

Posted · Report post

This is caused by an image used in iBlogPro 4 to create a gradient effect. You can use the following code to resolve the issue.

#page .hentry {
background: white;
}

#page #sidebar .winner {
background: white;
}[/CODE]

iBlogPro 4 is now considered a legacy theme, have you not thought about upgrading to PageLines Framework and iBlogPro 5?

Posted · Report post

Buongiorno,

The Google+ icon and link are fixed, and I believe the social media icons in the foot of each post are causing the problem. When viewing in Android, the site looks fine, except the Google+ icon and number of likes stays at the top.

Posted · Report post

@hansonexperience Please start a new topic with your question - thanks!  :)

Posted · Report post

Added the code to iBlog Pro 4 ---> Theme Options ---> Custom Code ---> Custom CSS ---> CSS Rules

Now the posts are OK, but left, middle and right sidebar still show black background.

Posted · Report post

Thx for the code but the black area is still there in the footers left middle and right from the widget area: http://www.hansonexperience.com (switch of mobile theme)

Posted · Report post

Hi can you post an image of where the problems are occurring in the sidebars so we can work out what css needs to be targeted and corrected